30% Federal Solar Tax Rebate
The federal government wants to pay 30% of your home solar system! This is a substantial savings that will help you get into a solar system for less than what you are paying for utilities.
Solar systems that qualify for the 30% Federal Solar Tax Incentive
- Any complete solar power system for home or business in the U.S.
- Emergency battery backup systems as long as the purchase includes at least one solar panel.
- Product purchases that expand your existing solar power system and includes at least one solar panel.
Facts and requirements for eligibility
- The home served by the system does not have to be the taxpayer’s principal residence.
- If the federal tax credit exceeds your tax liability, the excess amount may be carried forward to succeeding taxable years.
- There is no ceiling on the tax credit.
- The tax credit applies to solar equipment AND installation costs.
- Use IRS Tax Form 5695 for residential solar systems, and 3468 for commercial systems.
Solar tax rebates by state
Most states offer their own solar rebates, on top of the federal tax rebates. Click on a state in the map below to see the state’s published solar rebates. We do our best to keep this updated, but it is possible that some rebates may have lapsed, and others may have been added. When you request a solar quote we will do the research to find any and all available rebates for your home.